Nathan J. Riensche, CPA, CPG
Nathan (Nate) Riensche has been in the fiduciary business since 2006, and brought with him several years’ experience with Deloitte & Touche, a Big 4 accounting firm, as well as experience as Senior Corporate Tax Accountant for a large local corporation with multiple subsidiaries.
Now serving as Principal for Ohana, Nate’s responsibilities include general management of the company in concert with Mark Vohr, including supervision of employees, supervision of company administration, management of intake and referrals; and oversight, as authorized decision maker, of the performance of all duties as guardian, trustee, personal representative, and attorney-in-fact. He supervises the financial systems for managing client accounts and company accounting, supervises all aspects of corporate and client financial accounting and reporting, manages all Federal tax return and State tax reporting requirements, and oversees all client investment account activity.
Nate’s Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration and Master’s Degree in Professional Accounting through University of Washington, along with his CPA certification, equip him to promote the highest quality of financial management in our fiduciary roles. He has been certified as a professional guardian since 2007, and maintains his certification through regular continuing education classes.
Nate’s educational contributions to the community include:
- Presenter at 2014 King County Guardian ad Litem training on reviewing guardianship accountings
- Panel Member at 2013 Financial Planners Association Symposium
- Presenter at 2013 CPA training for local accounting firm
- Presenter at 2012 Certified Professional Guardian continuing education training on managing potential conflicts of interest as guardian
- Presenter at 2006 Certified Professional Guardian continuing education training on preparing for tax season
- Introduction to Finance instructor at Seattle Times
- New Employee Orientation instructor at Deloitte & Touche
- Freshman Orientation instructor at University of Washington in 1998 and 1999
Nate is active at home with his family, and he and his wife especially enjoy sharing their love of our great outdoors with their two young sons. He served as a basic and intermediate mountain climbing instructor from 2003 to 2008, and a backcountry skiing instructor in 2006.